Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?

For everyone back home who I unfortunately have not been in touch with, YES, I am still alive. Since my last post in October, I have moved back down to Shanghai from Dalian and loving it. I am currently working for a large architecture firm based in the US, but has an office here in town.

Anyhow, I have to apologize for not keeping up with my blog in the recent months. Shanghai has a tendency to keep one pretty busy, but I have accumulated a decent share of material that I will have to share with you in the coming days...or more realistically, months.

This week is Chinese New Year. It's the Year of the Ox and we get the entire week off. Well technically, we get three days off during the week and to make it a longer break, the government also gives you the other two days off during the week. But there's a catch. You have to work the Saturday before and the following Sunday after the holiday. That's two six-day work weeks this month. Even still, it beats making Nikes in the factory.

So, in order to take advantage of this break, I'm taking a small trip to Seoul this week. It's a bit illogical travelling further north during this time of year, but I'm just dying to try me some Kimchi Dog. Expect a full report when I get back.

Speaking of (for all the CMU folk), I met up with Ed when he was over here earlier this month on business. I'm sure it'll be only a matter of time, before the $1.50 dvd's and cheap 'massages' convince him to make the move over.

No comments: